- Embercombe Experience Celebration Event
21/09/2018 - 24/09/2018
Please book only 1 ticket per invite. Weekend invite tickets include the Sunday evening celebration. Additional places for friends and family, and train pick up and drop off can be booked here.
Your weekend ticket will also include a special celebration on Sunday evening for just our the Embercombe family with the essential elements of supper, a fire and an Open Mic Cabaret.
Roll up, roll up .. chicken-in in in true Embercombe style!
We support your open mic flair,
your music, your sass, your heart felt poems, your tall stories,
your cute little number
and your vivacious frivolity.
This Experience Weekend includes a storytelling by Rachel Rose Reid told over two nights (Friday & Saturday).
Lost for 700 years – An Epic Story Speaks Out
In the whole World, only one manuscript unfolds the Roman de Silence.
It was discovered in Wollaton Manor, Nottinghamshire, in a box marked Old Papers – No Value (buried under a few letters from King Henry VIII.)
A legend had been patiently waiting, for seven hundred years.
But it was 1911. Suffrage protests were at their explosive height. And this story suggests that England’s wellbeing depends on a quest for gender equality. So the manuscript was kept silent.
But the story was made to be told.
Now is the time to tell it.
Booking Terms and Conditions
1. The course fee includes all tuition, accommodation and meals.
2. To book your place full payment is required, an initial deposit can be placed on negotiation with the bookings administrator in which case payment in full will be required 2 weeks before the programme commencement.
3. If you wish to cancel more than 2 weeks before the start of the programme 75% of your fee will be refunded (if you have only made a partial payment then equivalent of 25% of the full fee will be retained). Later cancellations will incur the whole fee. If the finances of the programme allows we are happy to transfer your place to another date on just one occasion.
4. Any travel, or other arrangements, made for your participation on the course are entirely made at your own risk.
5. You are responsible for transfer fees and bank administration fees. Please check the amount of these fees with your bank at the point of transfer and add any transfer fees that might be incurred with your payment.
6. Course cancellations are rare, but if Embercombe has to cancel a course, all fees paid will be refunded (unless you choose to accept any substitute we may offer), but no liability can be accepted for any consequential losses you might incur.
7. You are advised to insure yourself against any losses due to either you having to cancel your place, or the course being cancelled.
8. Embercombe reserves the right to make changes to the advertised facilitators and programme as necessary.
9. Unless we have been notified explicitly of any dietary, or other requirements at the time of booking and have agreed to them, we cannot guarantee that they will be met.
10. Embercombe reserves the right to reject an application without explanation.
11. Embercombe reserves the right to require a participant to leave during a course if her, or his, continuing attendance is not in the best interests of the other participants or the community.
12. UK Immigration Law – On the 1st April 2009 changes to the UK’s Immigration Law came into effect. The changes affect people from outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland entering the UK to study. Please ensure that you have a legitimate right of entry into the UK.
14. We respect your privacy. We will only collect, store and use your personal information for defined purposes. We use your information to support and enhance our relationship with you, to process your booking, provide services and support, and share workshop, product, service, news and offerings with you. We do not, and will not sell your personal information.
You may ask at any time to see the personal data you have given us and request correction or deletion. We strive to protect the security of your personal data by use of appropriate measures and processes.