Venue Phone: 01647 252983
Venue Website: http://embercombe.orgAddress:
Summer Rewilding Camp 2021
16/08/2021 - 19/08/2021
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
This Summer we are coming together to celebrate an exciting new rewilding journey that we are embarking on at Embercombe: An Exploration of Rewilding and Regeneration of land and people. This Summer Rewilding Camp is in partnership with the global ecosystem restoration movement, Ecosystem Restoration Camps.
Coming together for 4 days this August 16th to 19th, this is a kick off camp of a new rewilding direction for Embercombe, and we are inviting you to join us on this journey from the very beginning. The camp will be split into 4 themes for the 4 days: Exploring Rewilding, Flora and Fauna, Rewilding the Self, and Rewilding Society. Together we will learn about what rewilding is and what it means for a context where humanity plays a key role and is embedded into the landscape, rather than fenced out of it. We will learn from top practitioners in this field such as Laura Fairs, new Rewilding Lead at Embercombe, as she takes us through what rewilding is and how it can be implemented on a small scale, sharing Embercombe’s rewilding vision.
We will have the chance to ‘meet our kin’, getting to know what is already living at Embercombe (trees, birds, plants) and how they interact with each other. We will take you on an exciting trip to Rewilding Coombeshead, Derek Gow’s rewilding farm in North Devon, where he will show you around and explain the rewilding practices and techniques that he has introduced, as well as having the chance to meet the rare and fascinating species that he is reintroducing (beavers, white storks and lynx!).
We will enjoy a summer barbecue as we learn how to conduct tests to collect data on soil health and biodiversity with bugs, bats and reptiles, taking our bat detectors into the woods at dusk and meet the moths at sunrise. The last two days will focus on how we can live wilder and more connected lives and how we can reimagine and reinvent a wilder society. Mac Macartney, founder of Embercombe and international inspirational speaker who weaves ancient indigenous insights together with modern 21st century ideas will share his vision and practices for rewilding the self.
The afternoon will be guided by Alana Bloom from Regenerating Rhythms and Gaia Harvey Jackson, both experienced facilitators of practices that will help you tune in what inner rewilding looks, smells, and feels like and how you can incorporate these into your everyday lives. We will finish our evening with tales of the wild things from storyteller Lisa Schneidau.
The final day will look at the fundamental stories and belief systems that our society tells that have created the depleted landscapes that we live in today. Guided by Ashleigh Brown from Ecosystem Restoration Camps, we will deconstruct these stories and write and perform new ones together that are able to birth the rewilded world that our hearts desire. This unique Summer Rewilding Camp will give you the chance to get under the skin of rewilding our landscapes, our hearts, our minds, our communities and our world as we gather together under the summer sun. Don’t miss it.
Our team has been working hard to remain open in line with government COVID-19 advice. We have systems in place to keep you safe so expect some slight changes to the usual way of doing things. Find out what we are doing here.
We look forward to welcoming you through the gate.
Booking Terms and Conditions
1. The course fee includes all tuition, accommodation and meals.
2. To book your place full payment is required, an initial deposit can be placed to secure your place with full payment required 2 weeks before the programme commencement.
3. If you wish to cancel more than 2 weeks before the start of the programme 75% of your fee will be refunded (if you have only made a partial payment then equivalent of 25% of the full fee will be retained). Later cancellations will incur the whole fee. If the finances of the programme allows we are happy to transfer your place to another date on just one occasion.
4. Any travel, or other arrangements, made for your participation on the course are entirely made at your own risk.
5. You are responsible for transfer fees and bank administration fees. Please check the amount of these fees with your bank at the point of transfer and add any transfer fees that might be incurred with your payment.
6. Course cancellations are rare, but if Embercombe has to cancel a course, all fees paid will be refunded (unless you choose to accept any substitute we may offer), but no liability can be accepted for any consequential losses you might incur.
7. You are advised to insure yourself against any losses due to either you having to cancel your place, or the course being cancelled.
8. Embercombe reserves the right to make changes to the advertised facilitators and programme as necessary.
9. Unless we have been notified explicitly of any dietary, or other requirements at the time of booking and have agreed to them, we cannot guarantee that they will be met.
10. Embercombe reserves the right to reject an application without explanation.
11. Embercombe reserves the right to require a participant to leave during a course if her, or his, continuing attendance is not in the best interests of the other participants or the community.
12. UK Immigration Law – On the 1st April 2009 changes to the UK’s Immigration Law came into effect. The changes affect people from outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland entering the UK to study. Please ensure that you have a legitimate right of entry into the UK.
13. Awarded busary places are limited. They are offered to make it possible for those on a very low to no income to attend. To apply please fill in the bursary application form.
14. We respect your privacy. We will only collect, store and use your personal information for defined purposes. We use your information to support and enhance our relationship with you, to process your booking, provide services and support, and share workshop, product, service, news and offerings with you. We do not, and will not sell your personal information.