Embercombe Experience Weekend
At our Embercombe Experience Weekends we warmly welcome everyone who would like to come along and volunteer their enthusiasm, expertise, or simply a willing pair of hands, to help in both seasonal and on-going work at Embercombe. Over a weekend of working on the land, cooking, eating and sharing, we create a community of people who nourish the place and each other.
Solo travellers, families and friends, young or old, new to Embercombe or seasoned contributors, all are welcome. Accommodation is in one of our rustic yurt villages where you will share with up to 5 people or you can book a whole yurt for you and your family (2 adults and upto 2 children). We also have a small number of camping places.
What you will be part of
- Purposeful activity that has meaning and benefit to you and to Embercombe
- A community of like-minded people who are affirming their connection to the land and what it holds for us
- Sharing skills and knowledge
- The tasks that support day to day living
- Preparing food: harvesting, chopping, cooking, eating, enjoying and the washing up!
- An opportunity for families to work together, benefiting from all that Embercombe has to offer
- Creativity, such as sharing of stories and music around the campfire
Please note that this is a working weekend with great opportunities to contribute to day to day tasks and real work activities that enable Embercombe to flourish. We have lots of family-friendly jobs so everyone can get involved!
A fantastic way to meet new like-minded people and learn new skills…
I loved being a part of the process of cooking for the whole community!