We are looking for some “people people” to be our new host volunteers. You will work together to look after our guests, ensure they have everything they need, brief them on emergency protocols, be a main point of contact between our guests and our team and ensure the smooth running of our events.
Who Is It For?
This role is ideally suited for someone who is comfortable engaging with new people, able to communicate clearly, who is flexible and able to problem solve while maintaining a calm demeanour.
The Programmes Team is a small, mainly office-based team. You will be supported by our Programmes Lead, but when on shift, will mostly be working with those in delivery – Our kitchen, house and site teams, as well as our facilitators.
Average Shift Pattern
8am to 8pm, mostly weekends but also weekdays.
What We Offer
- Basic accommodation in an off-grid caravan / space to park your own live-in vehicle
- Use of our communal volunteer areas including kitchen, lounge, showers and laundry facilities
- Use of our beautiful, traditionally built, Linhay lounge & kitchen with vaulted ceiling and wood-burner (when not in use for programmes or venue hires)
- Meals from our plant-based, organic kitchen (during our catered programmes only)
- A modest monthly stipend to cover additional food and travel expenses
- The opportunity to live on our beautiful, wild land and to be a part of a small but passionate team
- Discounted place on a week-long Embercombe programme (for those who have volunteered a minimum of 6 months)
- Free place on a week-long Embercombe programmes (for those who have volunteered for 12 months)
- Level 3 Outdoor First Aid Training (if starting before 23rd February 2024)
- Level 2 Fire Marshal Training