The House & Kitchen Assistant Role is an essential part of Embercombe’s operations – helping to prepare spaces for our programmes and venue hires and playing a crucial role in supporting day-to-day operations at Embercombe. This involves cleaning accommodation and indoor spaces, supporting the chefs in the kitchen with washing-up and basic food preparation, and helping to maintain a clean and organised environment for our guests.
Tasks includes but are not limited to:
- Preparing yurts and cabins ahead of programmes and venue hires
- Cleaning bathrooms and compost loos
- Cleaning and preparing facilitation spaces (Centre Fire and The Linhay)
- Washing and sterilising dishes and kitchen equipment during programme delivery
- Delivering daily breakfasts including cooking porridge, heating up muffins, chopping fruit and setting up the buffet table
- Assisting the kitchen team with setting up the Dining Yurt at meal times and ensuring a smooth delivery of meals
- Supporting the chef with preparation of meals and snacks
You will be:
- Able to work quickly and effectively without compromising on the quality of your work
- Committed to maintaining our high standards of hygiene and cleanliness
- Willing to adhere to policies and procedures, especially in relation to Health and Safety
- Able to work well as part of a team with good communication skills
- Passionate about contributing in a meaningful way to an organisation on the cutting edge of nature connection and rewilding
What we can offer you:
- £12 per hour
- The opportunity to sign up to a variety of shifts
- Appropriate training
- Discounted lunches from our plant-based, organic kitchen (during our catered programmes only)
There is no set deadline for this role as you will be joining a pool of contractors. We will be making offers to suitable candidates as and when they apply and interview.
Once we have received your CV and cover letter, our Coordinator may invite you to a 30 minute zoom call. If after this call, all parties feel that you would be suitable for this role, you will be invited to a trial shift so that you can demonstrate your abilities in person. On completion of this trial shift, our Coordinator will decide whether to offer you a position in our House & Kitchen Assistant Contractor Pool.
If you are successful, then you will be offered the chance to sign up to shifts as often as it suits you.