Our founder, Mac Macartney, is an international speaker, writer and change-maker. Mentored by indigenous people over many years, he has acquired profound and original insights into questions preoccupying contemporary leaders.
Mac Macartney’s second book The Children’s Fire heart song of a people is Published on 31st October 2018.
The Children’s Fire tells a story of a journey. In the winter of 2009 Mac Macartney set off from his brithplace in England and walked to the Isle of Anglesea. He completed the journey by navigating the stars with no map, tent or stove and found along the way a truth both precious and painful…Read more here.
Book Launch Dates
During November Mac will be visiting various venues across the UK giving talks and readings drawn from The Children’s Fire. Towns/events include:
- Living Well Centre, Sacreed, Penzance, Thursday 25th October
- Schumacher, The Great Hall Dartington, Thursday 1st November, 8pm – book here
- We Are Soil, Hartfield, near Forest Row, Sussex, Wednesday 7th – November, 7pm – book here
- ‘KIN’ conference, Bristol, Saturday 10th November 12 noon – book here
- United Reform Church, Bournemouth, Monday 12th November – book here
- Rye Bakery, Frome, Wednesday 14th November 6pm
- Hawkwood, Stroud, Thursday 15th November – book here
- 6Heads, Central London, Wednesday 21st November – book here
- The Quadrangle Trust Shoreham, Thursday 22nd November – book here
- One Church Brighton, Friday 23rd November – book here
- Outrider Anthems Reading, Tuesday 27th November – book here
- Cambridge, Friday 11th January (TBC)
- Norwich, Saturday 12th January (TBC)
- Hereford (TBC)
- Gorey, County Wexford, Ireland, Tuesday 19th February (TBC)
- Dublin, Ireland, Wednesday 20th February (TBC)
Mac is a born storyteller – passionate, powerful, captivating.
My experience with Mac remains one of the most memorable and extraordinary I have ever had in business.
An inspirational leader, story-teller and thinker who genuinely straddles the business and environmental worlds.
A haunting paean to an indigenous culture that has been misrepresented for centuries, and a call for a new dedication to the Earth and all its Children.
Here is a pilgrim quest through geography, history and spirituality, Captivating, haunting, and at times disquieting, yet:’…walking into a death landscape.. I knew that I was walking into life.’
Our minds may have become adept at dismissing wisdom but our hearts know what really makes sense, Mac writes to your heart – listen.
Mac has remarkable skills… one of the greatest investments you can make.
I have co-facilitated development interventions with Mac in several different contexts/cultures and would not hesitate to do so again.
With strength in the vunerability, spanning the wide spectrum of what it is to be human on this earth at this time.
Mac Macartney is a prophet of cultural renewal, an interrupter of the Western egocentric-consumer worldview, a wild man, an elder, a humble pilgrim, prehaps a present-day druid, and an enchanting storyteller.
Invite Mac to meet your team and be ready for some powerful change!
Undoubtedly one of the most genuine people I have worked with. Very highly recommended.
His vision about the role of leadership and business in society have transformed all of us and his facilitation and coaching competencies have made all of us better leaders, and more importantly better human beings.
Mac has great insight into people and works from the highest level of personal integrity, values and ethics. He models an entirely authentic style of personal leadership which brings great credibility to his work as a developer.
Speaker and Change-maker
Mac is an outstanding speaker, unusual in his capacity to address diverse groups with equal impact and resonance. He intertwines themes rarely associated with each other – the quest for meaning and purpose, organisational leadership, nature, identity and the role of ordinary people in shaping a future fit for generations to come.
Mac speaks at major international conferences across the corporate, public and third sectors. Core topics include:
- Inspired, values-led leadership
- People, planet, profit & purpose
- Seven generations sustainability
- Responsibility, hope, resilience & courage
- Dreaming the world of our longing
- Indigenous Britain: rediscovering our indigene
- Small steps to a big future
Past talks include:
Unilever, Harvard Business School Club of New York, The Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative, Barclays Bank, HR Vision, Glastonbury Festival, the British Council, the NHS and WWF amongst others.
Whilst Mac speaks for free at countless grassroots and charity events, he does require professional speaker fees for his professional keynotes.
If you would like to see Mac speak, he will also be talking at several public events in 2018 including:
- 19 January 2018, The Privilege of Being Alive, Public Talk, Hawkwood College
- 19 – 21 January 2018, Coming Home, Hawkwood College
- 21-27 April 2018, The Children’s Fire: Ancient wisdom fuels a new story, Findhorn
- 5 May 2018, Into The Wild Festival
- 30 May 2018, Ecology & Spirituality, Schumacher College
- 30 June 2018, Wonderfields Festival
- 20-21 (Date TBD) July 2018, Buddhafield Festival
- 26-29 July 2018, Port Eliot Festival, Cornwall
- 10-12 August 2018, Tribe of Doris Summer School, Stanford Hall
- 24-27 August 2018, Oxford Storytelling Festival, Oxford
- 20 October 2018, Wild & Well Festival, Bristol
For more information on Mac’s speaking or to invite him to your event or organisation, please visit Mac’s website.