Our founder, Mac Macartney, is an international speaker, writer and change-maker. Mentored by indigenous people over many years, he has acquired profound and original insights into questions preoccupying contemporary leaders.
Mac is an outstanding speaker, unusual in his capacity to address diverse groups with equal impact and resonance. He intertwines themes rarely associated with each other – the quest for meaning and purpose, organisational leadership, nature, identity and the role of ordinary people in shaping a future fit for generations to come.
Mac speaks at major international conferences across the corporate, public and third sectors. Core topics include:
- Inspired, values-led leadership
- People, planet, profit & purpose
- Seven generations sustainability
- Responsibility, hope, resilience & courage
- Dreaming the world of our longing
- Indigenous Britain: rediscovering our indigene
- Small steps to a big future
Past talks include:
Unilever, Harvard Business School Club of New York, The Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative, Barclays Bank, HR Vision, Glastonbury Festival, the British Council, the NHS and WWF amongst others.
Whilst Mac speaks for free at countless grassroots and charity events, he does require professional speaker fees for his professional keynotes.
If you would like to see Mac speak, he will also be talking at several public events in 2018 including:
- 19 January 2018, The Privilege of Being Alive, Public Talk, Hawkwood College
- 19 – 21 January 2018, Coming Home, Hawkwood College
- 21-27 April 2018, The Children’s Fire: Ancient wisdom fuels a new story, Findhorn
- 5 May 2018, Into The Wild Festival
- 30 May 2018, Ecology & Spirituality, Schumacher College
- 30 June 2018, Wonderfields Festival
- 20-21 (Date TBD) July 2018, Buddhafield Festival
- 26-29 July 2018, Port Eliot Festival, Cornwall
- 10-12 August 2018, Tribe of Doris Summer School, Stanford Hall
- 24-27 August 2018, Oxford Storytelling Festival, Oxford
- 20 October 2018, Wild & Well Festival, Bristol
For more information on Mac’s speaking or to invite him to your event or organisation, please visit Mac’s website.
Mac at Embercombe
Mac has remarkable skills… one of the greatest investments you can make.
My experience with Mac remains one of the most memorable and extraordinary I have ever had in business.
Undoubtedly one of the most genuine people I have worked with. Very highly recommended.
Mac has great insight into people and works from the highest level of personal integrity, values and ethics. He models an entirely authentic style of personal leadership which brings great credibility to his work as a developer.
His vision about the role of leadership and business in society have transformed all of us and his facilitation and coaching competencies have made all of us better leaders, and more importantly better human beings.
Mac is a born storyteller – passionate, powerful, captivating.
I have co-facilitated development interventions with Mac in several different contexts/cultures and would not hesitate to do so again.
Invite Mac to meet your team and be ready for some powerful change!
An inspirational leader, story-teller and thinker who genuinely straddles the business and environmental worlds.