Our office team are in need of a creative individual with excellent social media and written communication skills. This role involves a mixture of content creation (filming, photographing, recording, drafting, editing), scheduling (Hootsuite and MailChimp) and administration. The volunteer will also support the Administration Lead with monitoring inboxes across various social media platforms, assist with technical support for online course content, draft blog posts, engage with our guests and followers to gather more content and carry out other marketing and social media tasks as needed.
Who Is It For?
This role is ideally suited for someone who wants a predominantly office-based role, who is comfortable engaging with people to create new content, who is creative and has fresh ideas, and who has the relevant social media / photography / platform skills.
The Office Team are a friendly, but hard-working bunch, who like to have peace and quiet to get their work done, but who also love a tea break (and maybe some chocolate too!) Most of the team are part-time, so they are rarely all in the office at the same time, but there is a regular rhythm to the week with some days being much busier than others.
Average Shift Pattern
9am to 5pm Tuesday to Friday (with occasional evening shifts if technical support needed for a Zoom course)
What We Offer
- Basic accommodation in an off-grid caravan / space to park your own live-in vehicle
- Use of our communal volunteer areas including kitchen, lounge, showers and laundry facilities
- Use of our beautiful, traditionally built, Linhay lounge & kitchen with vaulted ceiling and wood-burner (when not in use for programmes or venue hires)
- Meals from our plant-based, organic kitchen (during our catered programmes only)
- A modest monthly stipend to cover additional food and travel expenses
- The opportunity to live on our beautiful, wild land and to be a part of a small but passionate team
- Discounted place on a week-long Embercombe programme (for those who have volunteered a minimum of 6 months)
- Free place on a week-long Embercombe programmes (for those who have volunteered for 12 months)