This is an office-based role, for someone passionate about helping Embercombe to run its varied programme of events. The role involves responding to queries in our support inbox, answering the office phones and supporting the Programmes Lead with a range of administrative work such as pulling reports from the website, creating spreadsheets or checking payment plan requests for validity against our terms and conditions.
Who Is It For?
This role is ideally suited for someone who wants an office-based role, who is comfortable speaking with people on the phone, highly organised and confident in using Microsoft Office and WordPress websites.
The Office Team are a friendly, but hard-working bunch, who like to have peace and quiet to get their work done, but who also love a tea break (and maybe some chocolate too!) Most of the team are part-time, so they are rarely all in the office at the same time, but there is a regular rhythm to the week with some days being much busier than others.
Average Shift Pattern
9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday (with occasional evening shifts if technical support needed for a Zoom course)
What We Offer
- Basic accommodation in an off-grid caravan / space to park your own live-in vehicle
- Use of our communal volunteer areas including kitchen, lounge, showers and laundry facilities
- Use of our beautiful, traditionally built, Linhay lounge & kitchen with vaulted ceiling and wood-burner (when not in use for programmes or venue hires)
- Meals from our plant-based, organic kitchen (during our catered programmes only)
- A modest monthly stipend to cover additional food and travel expenses
- The opportunity to live on our beautiful, wild land and to be a part of a small but passionate team
- Discounted place on a week-long Embercombe programme (for those who have volunteered a minimum of 6 months)
- Free place on a week-long Embercombe programmes (for those who have volunteered for 12 months)