The Site Assistant Role is a vital part of Embercombe’s operations – helping to prepare the site and land for hosting our programmes and venue hires and playing a crucial role in supporting day-to-day operations at Embercombe. This involves providing, maintaining and developing fit-for-purpose facilities and spaces to support the needs of Embercombe as a business and a place to live and work . The facilities and spaces to be cared for include meeting and training spaces, office space, residential accommodation, various built structures, kitchens, workshops, animal homes, woodland and uncultivated land.
Tasks includes but are not limited to:
- Groundskeeping work; some grass cutting, strimming and scything, general gardening and land management tasks
- Emptying bins and recycling according to collection schedules
- Firewood and kindling production; splitting wood and transporting around site to fill wood bays
- Helping with building maintenance and any new building projects
- Painting and decorating, repairs and improvements
- General duties required to keep the smooth running of the site
Tasks will on occasion include lifting/moving heavier objects. (Manual handling techniques will be offered, but please take care to not lift outside of recommended weights for your body and your known abilities)
You will be:
- Able to work with little supervision yet maintain a high level of performance
- Proactive; able to work quickly to complete tasks without compromising quality
- Committed to adherence to policies and procedures, especially in relation to Health and Safety
- Able to work well as part of a team with good communication skills
- Passionate about contributing in a meaningful way to an organisation on the cutting edge of nature connection and rewilding
The ability to drive a tractor and/or a vehicle with a trailer is preferred but not essential.
What we can offer you:
- £15.62 per hour
- The opportunity to sign up to a variety of shifts
- Appropriate training
- Discounted lunches from our plant-based, organic kitchen (during our catered programmes only)
The deadline for applications for this role is 12noon on 15th September 2024, but we will be making offers to suitable candidates as and when they apply and interview.
Once we have received your CV and cover letter, our Coordinator and Site Lead may invite you to a 15 minute zoom call. If after this call, all parties feel that you would be suitable for this role, you will be invited to a trial shift so that you can demonstrate your abilities in person. On completion of this trial shift, our Site Lead will decide whether to offer you a position in our Site Assistant Contractor Pool.
If you are successful, then you will be offered the chance to sign up to shifts (usually 8-hour day shifts) as often as it suits you.