Do you love working with your hands? Are you experienced in carpentry, maintenance or facilities management? In this role, you will help us maintain our beloved site, with some grass cutting, strimming, firewood and kindling production, transporting things around site, helping with building maintenance and any new building projects as time permits. You will also help us maintain our buildings with repairs and improvements and help with the day-to-day running of the site.
*Please note this role does not involve any of our rewilding work
Who Is It For?
The role would suit someone who has some repairs and building experience.
The Site Team are an extremely hard-working bunch, who love a team lunch-break and the occasional wood-fired woodland bath! The team is made up of a Site Lead, some volunteers and some contractors who come in for specific shifts and projects, so it varies day-to-day who you might be working with.
Average Shift Pattern
9am to 5pm four days a week (some weekdays, some weekends – depending on programmes)
What We Offer
- Basic accommodation in an off-grid caravan / space to park your own live-in vehicle
- Use of our communal volunteer areas including kitchen, lounge, showers and laundry facilities
- Use of our beautiful, traditionally built, Linhay lounge & kitchen with vaulted ceiling and wood-burner (when not in use for programmes or venue hires)
- Meals from our plant-based, organic kitchen (during our catered programmes only)
- A modest monthly stipend to cover additional food and travel expenses
- The opportunity to live on our beautiful, wild land and to be a part of a small but passionate team
- Discounted place on a week-long Embercombe programme (for those who have volunteered a minimum of 6 months)
- Free place on a week-long Embercombe programmes (for those who have volunteered for 12 months)
- Level 3 Outdoor First Aid Training (if starting before 23rd February 2024)
- Level 2 Fire Marshal Training