Would you like the opportunity to step out of your daily routine to live close to nature and support our educational community?
We offer up to 3 month volunteering opportunities for a small number of people to work alongside our on-site staff and facilitators on the land, in the kitchen and in the classroom.
You will be fully residential, working 5 hours a day for 5 days a week – living alongside participants and teachers and taking part in extra-curricular learning opportunities.
This is an opportunity to experience and contribute to a small educational charity and social enterprise as we work together to understand the meaning of ecological and personal regeneration and rewilding.
Join us in our 50 acre wilding valley – an experiment in wilding for people and place.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Embercombe. We are not currently taking any further applications this year please check back in 2020 to apply for the Spring intake.
If you wish to also send a CV please send it to our Community Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Can You Expect?
In exchange for your work, this will be your opportunity to
- Live with fellow change makers as part of a vibrant and welcoming educational community
- Work on the land, in the kitchen and supporting a busy programme of courses and events and ceremonies
- Have the time and space to explore your world-view and meet a diverse range of like-minded people
- Network, share ideas and spark further thinking around action in the world with social pioneers and change-makers and visiting teachers, including Embercombe founder Mac Macartney
- Live and work on a beautiful 50-acre site with woodland, forest gardens and a lake, on the edge of Dartmoor National Park
- Enjoy basic accommodation on site with delicious free organic breakfast, lunch and dinner made with locally grown, seasonal produce
- Contribute to and attend events such as film nights, talks, ceremonies and performance nights
Know someone who might be interested?