Winter Solstice Experience Weekend
We welcome you to join us in community, to gather around the fireside to celebrate and mark the Winter Solstice together.
With the Embercombe Team
Is this for you?
The Winter Solstice Experience Weekend offers you nurturing spaces in which to slow down, dream and reflect, as well as an array of activities to experience community and nature connection, which are at the core of what Embercombe offers.
Our 50 acre of oak woodlands, orchards, lake, stone circle and well garden will be open for exploration, either by yourself or in sessions guided by us. Whether you are coming alone, with friends or family, you will be made very welcome.
What to expect
Our Winter Solstice Experience Weekend line up will include:
- A special evening of music and song with Dartmoor musicians Carolyn Hillyer and Nigel Shaw in their ‘Prayer for the Holly’. Using ancient instruments, primordial sound and bronze age language, the concert blends exquisite flutes, shimmering songs, fierce drums and joyous dance
- A talk by the founder of Embercombe, Mac Macartney
- Singing in harmony with Helen Yeomans of ‘Glorious Chorus’
- Nature connection sessions with Xanthe Green
Outdoor activities with our Rewilding lead, Laura Fairs
- An opportunity to help prepare our community meals; and an evening around the fireside, where we are all invited to enjoy and contribute with our own songs, music, stories, poems or riddles.
You are also invited to co-create and hold an earth ceremony with us in the stone circle to give gratitude to the earth and honour the beauty in the changing seasons.
Friday 16 – Sunday 18 December
Arrival – Friday from 4:30pm (for 7pm supper)
Departure – Sunday at 4pm
Embercombe, Higher Ashton, Near Exeter. EX6 7QQ
Shared accommodation in one of our beautiful yurts, unless single occupancy is requested prior to booking by emailing email@example.com
Supporter Ticket – £230 + VAT
Regular Ticket – £199 + VAT
Child Ticket – £90 + VAT
(All weekend tickets include entry to Carolyn Hillyer and Nigel Shaw in their ‘Prayer for the Holly’ concert.)
Embercombe – Your Stay
All our delicious, plant-based meals are lovingly prepared by the Embercombe kitchen team throughout the weekend, using fresh organic produce, which is locally grown wherever possible. There is always access to our beautiful dining yurt, with hot water for teas, coffees and for filling your hot water bottles, should you wish to.
All the yurts have a wood burner to help keep you toasty warm in the evenings, and if the weather is inclement, our offerings will be held in a variety of welcoming spaces, for example the ‘story fire’ (one of our round houses) or ‘centre fire’, our spacious yet cosy indoor space with sofas to cuddle up on.
Upcoming Dates & Booking
A fantastic way to meet new like-minded people and learn new skills…
I loved being a part of the process of cooking for the whole community!