Huge environmental, social and economic challenges, mind-blowing choices and a new generation who want to do things differently.
Do you want to carve your own path and help shape the future?
Catalyst is a 5-day residential course for 18-25 year olds who want to:
- Meet a growing community of like-minded and diverse people who are making stuff happen
The Catalyst course is a rich weave of group challenges, creative collaboration, one-to-one mentoring, personal reflection, conversation, peer coaching, and practical work on the land.
“My ability to work and collaborate with colleagues improved dramatically after participating in Catalyst. The skills I have gained in self-confidence I have applied to my life by taking a leadership role in a youth-led community project with national impact.” Charlie, Catalyst Participant, 2014
Whatever your reasons for coming on Catalyst – and everyone’s are different – you will come away from the experience with the insights and learning you need to step fully and powerfully into your life. The Catalyst Course runs three times a year, in April, July and September.
We also run bespoke programmes for youth organisations and educational institutions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book a bespoke course.
Sample flow of the day
Every day is different, but there is a core structure we work around:
- Night space
Cost, Dates and Booking
The September Catalyst course is now fully booked! The waiting list now open for 2017 courses – please apply using the enquiry form at the bottom of the page, or email us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or difficulties with your booking please call us on +44 (0) 1647 252 983
We will do what we can to help make the Catalyst Course affordable.
- The full cost of the Catalyst course is £495 which includes 5 nights accommodation in yurts, scrumptious home-cooked organic food, course facilitation and station pick-ups and drop-offs. If that’s more than you can afford we have some bursary places, and do our best to make Catalyst accessible and affordable.
- Embercombe has a Catalyst bursary where generous individuals and companies donate money to allow young people on lower incomes to participate:
- LEVEL 1 PARTIAL BURSARY – £395. Please note that these places are limited and allocated on a first come first serve basis.
- LEVEL 2 PARTIAL BURSARY – £295. Please note that these places are limited and are allocated on case by case basis. Please fill out the ‘Tell us why you are applying for a Full Bursary’ box on the booking form before paying. In the unlikely event that your application is rejected, we will refund the full amount.
There are rare occasions when we may need to reject a booking on Health & Safety grounds. This would result in a full refund of your course fees. If we have any concerns about the suitability of the Catalyst Course for you, we will contact you to discuss the matter further.
Catalyst Pay-it-Forward Community: Could You Sponsor a Young Person to Participate in Catalyst?
Our dream is that Catalyst is accessible and affordable for all.
“Catalyst was one of the best things I’ve ever done — it gave me the valuable tools I need to face any challenge head on and start to move towards the best possible future for all. The world would be a better place if more people could do Catalyst!” Joe Howlett
Although many young people would like to benefit from Catalyst, for most young people the true cost of £495 is out of reach. With the help of Catalyst Alumni, who’ve launched the process with pledges of over £2,300, business and educational sponsorship, parents and other friends of Alumni and Embercombe, we are building the Catalyst Pay-it-Forward Community Fund.
This generation of young people are becoming adults at a time when it’s probably never been so challenging, and so full of opportunity. Having crossed this threshold from adolescence to adulthood yourself, you know it isn’t an easy journey and doesn’t happen without the help of others.
If you would like to help a young person move toward their potential as a future leader and change maker, click here to become part of the Catalyst Pay-it-Forward Community.
Those who have participated in a Catalyst course are invited to come and ‘back row’: to return to Embercombe and revisit their Catalyst journeys and take a supportive role for participants. To apply, fill out this short form here. Places book up fast.